Wooden Spoon Guernsey Chairman
Vice Admiral Ian Corder CB
Wooden Spoon Guernsey was founded in 2001, and through various fundraising events, dinners, golf days, and challenges, a fantastic amount of money has been raised and given to very worthy causes. We have committed over £300,000 to projects in our local area to help children with disabilities or facing disadvantage.
Our legend dinners have been our most popular events, with our previous guest speakers being the great late Jonah Lomu, Warren Gatland, Ronan O’Gara, Nigel Owen, Dan Biggar, Sir Gareth Edwards, Ollie Phillips and Mike Tindall.
Projects we have supported
- Guernsey Sailing Trust – a sailing boat
- Guernsey College of Further Education a minibus
- Le Rondin School – paediatric communication aids service, and play areas
- The Coach House (Guernsey Sports Commission) – a minibus
- Le Murier School – towards a climbing wall
- Guernsey Sailing Trust – the renovation of dinghy
- GXSA – the skate park
- Le Murier School Minibus
- Guernsey Sailing Trust for Sailability Boat
- Dyslexia Centre
- KGV Installation of lift for access to all floors
- Guernsey Rugby Academy
- Le Rondin School Sensory Rooms
See the events tab below for upcoming fundraising activities within the region.
Follow us on Twitter: @gsywoodenspoon