Dorset & Wiltshire Chair
David Gullick, Chris Elias, Brett Bader, Richard Jimmy Rees, Mel Inkpen, Keith Humphries, Marie Humphries
In acknowledgement of our strong relationship with the RFU constituent body Dorset & Wilts RFU we are thrilled to announce the creation of Wooden Spoon Dorset & Wiltshire in 2019.
Working closely with local rugby clubs and community partners, we have thrown our formidable fundraising efforts behind a diverse range of deserving projects within our region.
Major projects have included a £140,000 donation to help fund a therapy pool and sensory room at Portfield School in Christchurch, which provides specialist education, respite and residential care to young people with autism and associated difficulties, and a £94,600 grant towards inclusive playground charity Fernheath Play Association.
Our most recent project has seen us raise funds for Swindon’s Crowdys Hill School, an all through special school for pupils aged 5 – 19 with complex needs, which now has a new sensory room thanks to a £14,500 donation from Wooden Spoon.
The team at Wooden Spoon Dorset & Wiltshire are always keen to hear from:
- Individuals or groups who are willing to assist with holding an event (eg Dress Down Days)
- Companies looking to see how we can help assist in meeting your Social Responsibility Objectives
- Societies who are looking to adopt a charity of the year
- Anyone who is interested in joining our committee of volunteers and having the wonderful opportunity of helping make a huge difference in the lives of children and young people with disabilities or facing disadvantage in our great counties! Passion is the key attribute we’re looking for!
- Schools or suitable projects looking for support.
Please read our news articles for our latest activities – from two of our ladies playing in the Wooden Spoon Marauders Elite Squad to fundraising from an epic walking challenge with our local rugby clubs.
Follow us on social