Dorset & Wiltshire Chair
David Gullick, Keith Humphries, Brett Bader, Mel Inkpen, Chris Elias, Robin Thompson, Marie Humphries, Richard Rees
In acknowledgement of our strong relationship with the RFU constituent body Dorset & Wilts RFU we are thrilled to announce the creation of Wooden Spoon Dorset & Wiltshire in 2019.
Working closely with local rugby clubs and community partners, we have thrown our formidable fundraising efforts behind a diverse range of deserving projects within our region.
Major projects have included a £140,000 donation to help fund a therapy pool and sensory room at Portfield School in Christchurch, which provides specialist education, respite and residential care to young people with autism and associated difficulties, and a £94,600 grant towards inclusive playground charity Fernheath Play Association.
Our most recent project has seen us raise funds for Swindon’s Crowdys Hill School, an all through special school for pupils aged 5 – 19 with complex needs, which now has a new sensory room thanks to a £14,500 donation from Wooden Spoon.
The team at Wooden Spoon Dorset & Wiltshire are always keen to hear from:
- Individuals or groups who are willing to assist with holding an event (eg Dress Down Days)
- Companies looking to see how we can help assist in meeting your Social Responsibility Objectives
- Societies who are looking to adopt a charity of the year
- Anyone who is interested in joining our committee of volunteers and having the wonderful opportunity of helping make a huge difference in the lives of children and young people with disabilities or facing disadvantage in our great counties! Passion is the key attribute we’re looking for!
- Schools or suitable projects looking for support.
We were fortunate to have two participants in the Wooden Spoon LMAX Exchange Everest Rugby Challenge. John Curtis and Viv Worrall from Salisbury were part of the 24 strong squad – to assist them in their climb towards their £10,000 goal visit their fundraising page.
Marathon Runners 2019
Tim and Karen Barton from Royal Wootton Bassett RFC are raising funds for Wooden Spoon. Please support them as they both take on the Swansea Half Marathon on 23 June and Tim the Bournemouth Marathon on 6 October – visit their Virgin Money Giving page.
Follow us on social
- Twitter – @charityspoondw
- Facebook – Wooden Spoon Dorset and Wiltshire