Dorset & Wiltshire Chair
David Gullick, Chris Elias, Richard Jimmy Rees, Mel Inkpen, Keith Humphries, Marie Humphries
In acknowledgement of our strong relationship with the RFU constituent body Dorset & Wilts RFU, we are thrilled to announce the creation of Wooden Spoon Dorset & Wiltshire in 2019.
Working closely with local rugby clubs and community partners, we have thrown our formidable fundraising efforts behind a diverse range of deserving projects within our region.
We have contributed over £480,000 to more than 20 projects in the local area. These include soft play rooms to outdoor play areas and learning centres.
Major projects have included a £140,000 donation to help fund a therapy pool and sensory room at Portfield School in Christchurch. It provides specialist education, respite and residential care to young people with autism and associated difficulties, and a £94,600 grant towards inclusive playground charity Fernheath Play Association.
Our most recent project has seen us raise funds for Swindon’s Crowdys Hill School, a special school for pupils aged 5 – 19 with complex needs. Thanks to a £14,500 donation from Wooden Spoon it now has a new sensory room.
The team at Wooden Spoon Dorset & Wiltshire are always keen to hear from:
- Individuals or groups who are willing to assist with holding an event (eg Dress Down Days)
- Companies looking to see how we can help assist in meeting your Social Responsibility Objectives
- Societies who are looking to adopt a charity of the year
- Anyone who is interested in joining our committee of volunteers and having the wonderful opportunity of helping make a huge difference in the lives of children and young people with disabilities or facing disadvantage in our great counties! Passion is the key attribute we’re looking for!
- Schools or suitable projects looking for support.
Please read our news articles for our latest activities. From two of our ladies playing in the Wooden Spoon Marauders to all of our fundraising challenges and events.
See the events tab below for upcoming fundraising activities within the region.
Follow us on social
In 2015, Wooden Spoon Dorset & Wiltshire partly-funded a soft play room for Montacute School. Montacute is a specialist school for children and young people who have Complex Learning Difficulties or Disabilities (CLDD).
The region donated £9,500 to the school who specialise in taking pupils who are at the most complex end of the spectrum, ie. children and young people whose ability to learn has been most affected by their difficulties and disabilities.
Wooden Spoon Dorset & Wiltshire has funded a range of projects from outdoor learning centres to sensory gardens and disabled facilities. Click Dorset & Wiltshire to see the full listing.