How to apply
If your project shares our aim of making a positive impact on the lives of children and young people through a commitment to quality charitable work, it may be eligible for a Wooden Spoon grant.
We ask that you review our qualifying criteria below before completing and returning an application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or our national office address.
If a project is a physical, tangible asset of a permanent nature, the following must apply:
- It must have a minimum predicted life span of five years (preferably ten), be non-transferable and of a permanent nature. Special consideration may be given to funding life-enhancing/medical equipment if it can be shown that the useable life of such equipment is likely to be at least five years.
- Grants will not be considered for salaries, administration costs, professional fees and on-going overheads related to a capital project.
If a project is educational or disability sports-focused, the following must apply:
- There must be a key rugby element to engage children and young people.
- It must have a clearly-defined brief detailing the project’s need and objectives; stakeholders; description of participants (age, gender, geography); recruitment of participants; project activity and budget; legacy planning; monitoring and evaluation and mechanism for reporting to Wooden Spoon.
- Grants will be considered for kit and equipment, salaries and administration costs.
- Enhance and support the lives of children and young people (under the age of 25) who are disadvantaged physically, mentally or socially.
- Work directly with children and young people and have a positive influence on their lives as a result of the activities or service provided.
- Benefit those located in the UK or Ireland.
- Support a group – we cannot make grants to individuals.
While there is neither a minimum nor maximum grant level, it is unlikely projects of a physical nature under £5,000 in value will have sufficient substance and scale to qualify under the “projected life span” criteria.
If you think you are eligible for a Wooden Spoon grant, please contact us for a copy of our application form at email@example.com.