Wooden Spoon needs you now
To volunteer for Wooden Spoon all you need is enthusiasm and a desire to help. Our volunteers are integral to the success of the Wooden Spoon vision and a small commitment from you could make a huge difference to local children living near you.
Why we need you
- There are currently 7% of children living with a disability and 30% of children living in poverty in the UK & Ireland.
- Every year, we fund around 70 life-changing projects. However, the need is growing and there is still so much more we can do.
- We want every child and young person, no matter what their background to have access to the same opportunities.
Ways that you can make a difference.
- Become part of a regional volunteer group: Our regional volunteer groups focus on raising funds for projects in their local communities, find one near you.
- Find your inner DIY skills. Be part of a team building a recreational area for children living in your local area, in just one day. Watch this video.
- Help at events: Hand out literature, cheer on our challengers and promote local events.
- Take on your own personal challenge to raise funds.
The benefits to you.
- There is nothing to beat the feeling when you see the smiles on the faces of the children who are enjoying the facilities that you have helped to create.
- You’ll have fun and will meet some truly inspiring people along the way.
- Every penny you raise in your local area will fund projects locally. This enables you to see the impact you are having on children and young people living near you.
- If you are a bit of a rugby fan, you’ll enjoy rubbing shoulders with some of your heroes from this great game.
If volunteering for Wooden Spoon sounds like something you would enjoy, we would love to hear from you.
Alternatively, please get in touch by email email@example.com or give us a call on 01252 773 720 and get involved with Wooden Spoon.