Your donations are crucial to our work and we rely on the generosity of our supporters to raise more than £1.2 million each year.
Donating regularly is one of the easiest ways to help and giving £50 per year or more can make you a member of Wooden Spoon. Being part of a winning team has its benefits and our members receive a joining gift, regular copies of Spoonews magazine and the chance to win rugby match tickets throughout the year with our quarterly membership draw.
Why support Wooden Spoon?
- Every 10 minutes a family in Britain finds out their child is disabled.
- There are around 800,000 disabled children in Britain. That means that one in 15 families with dependent children have a disabled child.
- Four in 10 disabled children in the UK live in poverty. That is equivalent to 320,000 children.
- More than 1 million 16 to 24-year-olds in the UK are classed as NEET (not in education, employment or training).
- Many NEETs feel isolated and are lacking in confidence – 40 per cent feel they are not part of society and 36 per cent believe they have no chance of getting a job.
- One third of NEETs have experienced depression, 37 per cent rarely go outside the house and 39 per cent suffer from stress.