Wooden Spoon Chilterns are delighted to invite you to our January 2020 Lunch with JJ Williams.
Date: Friday 31st Jan 2020
Venue: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow SL7 1GJ
Cost: £55 per person
Dress code: Smart casual
Theme: Rugby lunch on the eve of the 2020 6 nations in the company of JJ Williams MBE.
We are thrilled to welcome our guest speaker John James Williams MBE, known universally as J. J, former Welsh rugby union player who gained thirty caps for Wales as a winger. Born in Nantyffyllon and educated at Maesteg Grammar School, Williams was a talented track athlete, representing Wales in the Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh in 1970 and becoming Welsh sprint champion in 1971.
- Capped for Wales 30 times with his first cap in 1973
- Rated as one of the fastest wingers in the game
- In the great Welsh team that won four consecutive Triple Crowns and two Grand slams for Wales.
- A record try scorer in a Lions series.
- Played on two Lions tours, four tests in South Africa in 1974 two (tries in each of the second and third tests) and three tests in New Zealand in 1977 earning the title “The Welsh Whippet”.
- A very entertaining speaker
To book your place please complete the attached booking form.
You can also email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01628 529085
This fundraising event is being held in aid of Wooden Spoon, the children’s charity of rugby