Welcome from Alex Dombrandt
“Get behind the Wooden Spoon schools campaign and help us fund life-changing projects for local children with disabilities or facing disadvantage.
“Your support can make a world of difference to children living in difficult circumstances, and can give them opportunities to play sport, have better career prospects and build their social skills.
“The highest fundraising school will win a training session with me. And hopefully I can show you some of the skills I have picked up playing for the England rugby team.”
Play your socks off for Wooden Spoon!
- Ask your students to wear Wooden Spoon stripy socks for a match and help to raise vital funds for local projects.
- Send us an email to let us know that your school wants to get involved along with the date of the match. We will then send you the parent letter template and order form.
- Two weeks before your match, Wooden Spoon will send your order. Payment for socks is required on delivery.
- Don’t forget to take photos of your team sporting their Wooden Spoon stripy socks!
Other ways to get involved.
You will still be in with a chance of winning training session with Alex Dombrandt!
- First things first, choose your activity!
Your class could walk, run, cycle or wheel 1,000m (or in any other way you like!) or wear a sports top to school and pay £1.
- Book a date to complete the challenge and let us know!
Send us an email to let us know what you have planned. You can also request fundraising materials!
- Set up an online fundraising page! Go to Virgin Money Giving and select ‘Start Fundraising’- ask parents and friends to donate here! Wooden Spoon can provide collection buckets – just ask.
- All you need to do now is spread the word! Let everyone know about your upcoming fundraising challenge. Wooden Spoon can design and send you over posters to promote the event!